About this course
What is ETEA
Educational Testing and Evaluation Agency (ETEA) is an educational body established in 1998 by Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhawa. Educational Testing and Evaluation Agency (ETEA) is a public sector organization and only operates inside the boundaries of Khyber Pakhtunkhawa (KPK). The purpose of establishing Educational Testing and Evaluation Agency (ETEA) is to get administration of Entrance test for Medical Colleges and Engineering Universities. ETEA Agency is playing important role to enhance the knowledge and skills of students applying for higher education and Jobs. ETEA (KPK) is responsible to conduct various test for Public sector Medical colleges, Engineering universities, Provincial jobs for Publics sector departments. ETEA also arrange scholarship test for different classes and provide scholarships to students having good academic record.
Type of ETEA Test for Undergraduate Students
- ETEA- Medical: ETEA conduct test for Public sector medical colleges of KPK for MBBS and BDS admissions. This test is commonly known as ETEA Medical. To get admission in Public sector medical colleges appearance in ETEA Medical test is mandatory.
- ETEA- Engineering: ETEA conduct test for Public sector Engineering Universities of KPK. This test is commonly known as ETEA Engineering. To get admission in Public sector engineering universities appearance in ETEA Engineering test is mandatory.
ETEA Medical Test
To get MBBS and BDS admission in Public sector medical colleges of KPK ETEA conduct entry test which is known as ETEA Medical Test. Students interested in getting MBBS and BDS admission in Ayub Medical College, Khyber Medical College, Saidu Medical College, Gomal Medical College, KUST Institute of Medical Sciences, Khyber Girls Medical College, Bacha Khan Medical College, Bannu Medical College and Nowshera Medical College have to appear in ETEA medical test. ETEA Medical test will held in seven cities of KPK which includes Abbottabad, Peshawar, D I Khan, Swat, Kohat, Malakand and Mardan. ETEA Medical test will consist of MCQ’s type questions from Physics, Biology, English and Chemistry. ETEA Medical test is very conceptual so it is recommended to students to get good conceptual knowledge before appearing in entrance test for MBBS and BDS admissions. ETEA medical test is very competitive due to less number of seats available for MBBS and BDS admissions in Public sector medical colleges of KPK. Every year 40,000+ students appeared in ETEA medical test.
Eligibility Criteria for ETEA Medical Test
- Students with minimum 60% marks in FSC (Pre-Medical) or equivalent are eligible to apply for ETEA medical test.
- Students who have passed FSC part I and part II result is awaiting they are also eligible to apply for ETEA medical test.
- Students with O/A level background have to obtain equivalency certificate from IBCC.
ETEA Medical Test Pattern
ETEA medical test will consist of 200 MCQ’s from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Here is the detail test pattern of ETEA medical:
Total Number of MCQ’s: 200
Total Test Marks: 800
Physic: 60 MCQ’s
Biology: 60 MCQ’s
Chemistry: 60 MCQ’s
English: 20 MCQ’s
ETEA Medical Test Marking System
ETEA medical test have negative marking so students need attention while solving entry test paper. Negative marking will effect result and you may lose your admission. Minimum 40% passing marks are required, student who scored less than 40% marks in ETEA medical test will not consider for merit calculation. Each correct answer will add (+4) marks and every wrong question will deducts (-1) marks from total, unanswered marks will considered as (0).
How to Calculate Test Marks:
Test marks = Correct Answers – Wrong Answers + skipped Questions
Attempted Questions: 180
Correct Answers: 130
Wrong Answers: 50
Correct Answers: 130 x (4) = 520
Wrong Answers: 50 x (-1) = -50
Skipped Questions: 20 x 0 = 0
Test marks = 520 – 50 + 0
470 ETEA Medical Marks
How to Calculate Merit for MBBS and BDS Admissions
According to Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) rule following percentage will be considered while calculating merit list for MBBS and BDS admissions in public/ private medical colleges for KPK.
SSC or equivalent: 10%
HSSC or equivalent: 40%
ETEA Entrance Test: 50%
Final Merit = SSC Aggregate (10%) + HSSC Aggregate (40%) + Entry Test Aggregate (50%)
Suppose students score following marks in SSC, HSSC and Entry test than his/her merit will be:
Marks obtained in SSC/Total SSC marks x 10 = 850/1100 x 10 = 7.7272
Marks obtained in HSSC/Total HSSC marks x 40 = 950/1100 x 40 = 34.5454
Marks obtained in ETEA Medical Test/Total ETEA Test marks x 50 = 480/800 x 50 = 30
Final Merit = 7.7272 + 34.5454 + 30 = 72.2726
List of Documents Required for ETEA Medical Test
Students willing to apply for MBBS and BDS admission in public sector medical colleges of KPK have to submit following document along with attested by Gazetted government officer.
- Two photocopies of HSSC marks sheet
- Students with O/A level back ground students have to submit equivalency certificate along with application form.
- Students applying on the reserve seats of Hafiz-e-Quran, have to submit Hafiz-e-Quran certificate from registered Madrassa.
- Photocopy of Matric certificate
- Two photocopies of domicile certificate. Students must note that once you submit domicile it cannot be chanced at latter stage of admission process.
- Students have to submit a copy of father’s domicile certificate. If father is not alive death certificate of father along with domicile certificate of mother.
- A copy of National ID card or Form B
- A copy of father National ID card. If fathers is not alive than a copy for Mother or guardian National ID card.
- Three colored photographs of students and all photographs must be attested from backside.
List of Public Sector Medical Colleges of KPK for MBBS and BDS Admissions
- Ayub Medical College, Abbottabad
- Khyber Medical College, Peshawar
- Saidu Medical College, Swat
- Gomal Medical College, Dera Ismail Khan
- KUST Institute of Medical Sciences, Kohat
- Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar
- Bacha Khan Medical College, Mardan
- Bannu Medical College, Bannu
- Nowshera Medical College Nowshera
List of Private Sector Medical Colleges of KPK for MBBS and BDS Admissions
- Frontier Medical College, Abbottabad
- Kabir Medical College, Peshawar
- Women Medical College, Abbottabad
- Peshawar Medical College, Peshawar
- Abbottabad International Medical College, Abbottabad
- Jinnah Medical College, Peshawar
- Pak International Medical College, Peshawar
- Rehman Mediacl College, Peshawar
- Al Razi Medical College, Peshawar
- Northwest School of Medicine, Peshawar